Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Jon Favreau's Hogan may return for Iron Man 3

While Jon Favreau was at WonderCon to talk about Cowboys & Aliens, one of the very first questions he got from the audience during the panel was about Iron Man 3. Favreau will not be directing the film, instead taking on Disney's Magic Kingdom, with Shane Black directing the next Iron Man film. But a fan asked Favreau if he still might return in an acting capacity to the series, in his role as Happy Hogan, even if it were a cameo.

Said Favreau, "Yeah, look. I love Shane Black. I'm not familiar with the work of the other writer that the just hired [Drew Pierce], but I'm really grateful for the opportunities that I had with Marvel." He said that having done great things together in their career, he and Marvel were now moving on.

But as for Iron Man 3, Favreau said, "I can't wait. I would do anything. I love that franchise and I love those guys."

So when it comes to Happy returning in Iron Man 3, we'll take that as a firm… maybe?

No comments: